For every child that is born, it brings with it the hope that God is not yet disappointed with man.
Some years ago, I gave a talk about learning difficulties at an amazing school in India where this quote was given prominence on the classroom walls.
What a hopeful message and a message we need to remember this week!
As children prepare to head back to school and we reluctantly shake off holiday mode, it is helpful to remember the amazing gifts children bring to this world- ALL children!
They bring us:
- Scarily clear and sharp minds
- Fresh insights
- The ability to sense when they are not liked and to react strongly- usually negatively!
- The energy to rebel and look at things differently
- Never ending questions
- Energy to push back barriers
- Love of learning (unless we flatten this)
- Models of resilience as they get up from disappointments over and over again!
Children challenge us and help us see the truth!
We need the gifts children bring. The trick is to remember Rabindranath Tagore’s quote and to keep it uppermost in our minds each day as we re-commence our sacred task of educating these amazing kids.
Truly, every child is a gift from God to the world!
Let’s unwrap them and nurture their talents with care.
As educators we are part of a great revolution to transform the world! What a privilege.
“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”